Time: 10:45 AM-12 PM
Date: Sunday, May 24
Instructor: Nadine Hildebrand
Gain strength and improve your posture, mobility & flexibility at the same time in this 75min Pilates workshop that meets you where you are and takes you where you want to go! Nadine will lead you through a series of mindful, friendly, challenging but doable Pilates exercises and stretches to build lower body and core strength, improve body awareness, posture and flexibility while making you feel strong from the inside out!
Pilates is an innovative method of mindbody exercises evolved from the principles of Joseph Pilates, a physical trainer that introduced Pilates in America in the 1920's as a way to help injured athletes and dancers safely return to exercise and maintain their fitness. Since then Pilates has been adapted to suit everyBody - from beginner to advanced.
Pilates conditions your entire body from the inside out with mindful exercises that strengthen and lengthen all the major muscle groups in your body simultaneously in a balanced fashion and with an emphasis on breath and on the deep core muscles.
The six principles of Pilates are:
- Centering: Bring physical focus to the core of the body.
- Concentration: Gain maximum value from each movement through total commitment to the exercise.
- Control: Leave no body part to its own devices. Each motion deliberate, directed by the mind.
- Precision: Sustain awareness throughout each movement.
- Breath: Power every exercise with a full breath.
- Flow: The energy of an exercise connects all body parts and moves through the body in an even.
This workshop is open to all levels - no prior Yoga or Pilates experience needed.