Every Kid's Yoga: Teaching Yoga to Children with Special Needs
Dates: April 24-April 26
Hours: Friday 6-9 pm, Saturday 9-5 pm, Sunday 9-5pm
Yoga for Every Kid!
Discover the many ways that yoga can promote the healthy development of children, ages 3-12. In addition to learning all you need to know about creating a children’s yoga class, you will learn how the practice of yoga addresses difficulties with attention, self-regulation, speech and language, learning, and sensory processing.
This experiential workshop will address how to work with children exhibiting the following challenges in a group setting:
- Those who are easily over-stimulated
- Those who are potentially impulsive and/or distractible
- Those who exhibit poor body-awareness and social skills
- Those who are learning disabled/with an emphasis on speech and language-based learning disabilities
- Those who are potentially oppositional and/or disruptive
- Those who present with high or low muscle tone
This program is appropriate for yoga instructors and parents, teachers and therapists with a personal yoga practice who are interested in sharing the gift of yoga with children.
As a result of taking this program, participants will be able to:
- Structure a class for potentially impulsive children using behavior management and limit-setting techniques
- Modify postures when necessary
- Teach breathing exercises, meditation and relaxation to children
- Integrate props, chanting, Thai Yoga Massage and partner yoga
- Employ visuals for children with language-based learning disabilities
- Use yoga to support speech and language, sensory processing, memory, and reading retention
Investment: $595 (Price includes EKY Manual and DVD)
This course can be put towards one's Yoga Alliance 95-hour Children's Yoga Teacher designation through The Children's Yoga Teacher Training Collaborative.
Registration Policy: Payment in full is required to reserve your space in this course, which is non-refundable. There is also a $40 processing fee to change the date of your course to a future date. If you change the date of the course you planned to attend within 2 weeks or less of the course, there will be a $100 fee. The original payment will be applied to a future course or workshop only.