The Reflections Yoga Mentorship Program is an opportunity for serious yoga teachers to develop their skills and deepen their knowledge of yoga with personal guidance from Paula and other senior teachers. The program is an excellent path for those who are interested in becoming a part of the Reflections teaching family.
Over the course of three months (12 weeks), Paula will offer guidance as you study asana, teaching skills, and follow your own path of research. Using the Reflections method as a foundation, you will be challenged and supported as you find your own voice as a teacher. The program has flexible hours and is made up of the following six components:
- Private Mentorship Sessions. Meet with your mentor once every week for a discussion session. These sessions will be structured to outline your goals and objectives and discuss your progress. You will also be given reading and writing assignments relevant to your interests. (Total 9 hours)
- Online Group Meeting. You will meet with a small group 3 times during your 12 week program to discuss teaching, ask questions, and share ideas. (Total 3 hours)
- Asana Practice. You are required to practice two asana classes per week, either both with Paula, or one with Paula and a second with a teacher recommended by your mentor. (Minimum 36 Hours)
- Observation/Assist. Initially, you will observe your mentor’s class and have a brief discussion afterwards to ask any questions that may have arisen regarding sequencing, assists, etc. If appropriate, your mentor may begin to have you offer assists within the class and perhaps even lead one or two poses. (Total 9 Hours)
- Practice Teaching. As teachers, we can benefit tremendously from direct feedback regarding the various aspects of our teaching. Towards the end of the program, you will have an opportunity to teach two full-length donation classes. Your mentor will observe and provide feedback. (2 Hours)
- Personal Study. Your mentor will assign you reading and writing projects to complete, custom-tailored based on your personal intentions and what your mentor deems most appropriate for you.
- Have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training program (or equivalent) or are close to doing so.
- Have had an interview with Paula.
- Currently practice at Reflections.
- Would like to teach at Reflections.
This unique program can start at any time, dependent on the availability of Paula or another mentor.
If you have any questions, or would like to register your interest, please contact : paula@